Aletho News

ΑΛΗΘΩΣ

UK prosecutors drop aggravated burglary charges against 24 Palestine Action activists

The Cradle | February 18, 2026

The UK’s Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) dropped aggravated burglary charges against 18 of the Filton 24 activists on 18 February, citing a “reconsideration of the sufficiency of the evidence” after earlier acquittals in the same case at Woolwich Crown Court.

At a case management hearing in south London, prosecutor Deanna Heer KC told the court, “The prosecution has reconsidered the sufficiency of the evidence … In light of those verdicts and in respect of all the remaining defendants the prosecution offers no evidence on count one, aggravated burglary.”

The aggravated burglary charge linked to the Elbit factory raid carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.

The decision came two weeks after six co-defendants – Charlotte Head, Samuel Corner, Leona Kamio, Fatema Rajwani, Zoe Rogers, and Jordan Devlin — were acquitted of aggravated burglary on 4 February 2026. Jurors had deliberated for more than 36 hours before returning not guilty verdicts on that count.

Heer confirmed the CPS will seek a retrial on other allegations where no verdict was reached.

She told Mr Justice Johnson, “We now confirm the prosecution intention to seek a retrial in respect of all those allegations which no verdict was returned by the jury.”

Those include criminal damage against all defendants, violent disorder against three, and, in Corner’s case, causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

Rajwani, Rogers, and Devlin were cleared of violent disorder, while the jury failed to reach verdicts on that charge for Head, Corner, and Kamio.

None of the six were convicted of any offence, with all except Corner being released on conditional bail after about 18 months in custody.

Corner remains on remand over the unresolved Section 18 grievous bodily harm charge.

The remaining 18 continue to face criminal damage charges, with some also facing violent disorder allegations.

Thirteen defendants have applied for bail, while one, Sean Middlebrough, failed to return to custody while on conditional release in October last year.

February 18, 2026 - Posted by | Ethnic Cleansing, Racism, Zionism, Solidarity and Activism | , , ,

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.