Aletho News

ΑΛΗΘΩΣ

153 Houston Methodist hospital network employees fired or quit after refusing coronavirus vaccination

RT | June 23, 2021

More than a hundred people have lost their job at a Texas hospital after refusing to get a coronavirus vaccine and unsuccessfully challenging the mandate in court.
Houston Methodist spokesperson Gale Smith told the media that 153 workers had their employment terminated or resigned on Tuesday. They were all among nearly 200 employees who had been suspended for missing the June 7 mandatory vaccination deadline. Smith added that those who ultimately got the shot were allowed back on the job.

The Houston Methodist healthcare corporation runs eight hospitals and employs around 25,500 people, including close to 7,750 doctors, according to its website.

A US court earlier this month threw out a lawsuit by 117 employees who said they did not want to serve as “guinea pigs” and argued that the vaccines made by Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson are not safe enough because they had only received emergency-use approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The full approval by the regulator required a more thorough review.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) insists that Covid-19 vaccines are safe and effective, pointing out that over 317 million doses have been administered across the country by Monday.

There has been some political pushback against possible discrimination based on vaccination status. States like Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, and Iowa banned vaccine passports, according to US News & World Report.

Arizona Governor Doug Ducey issued an order this month, banning public universities from demanding vaccination, or forcing students to get tested or wear masks for in-person classes. “The vaccine works, and we encourage Arizonans to take it. But it is a choice and we need to keep it that way,” Ducey said.

June 23, 2021 - Posted by | Civil Liberties | , ,

3 Comments »

  1. They are Heroes and Patriots and just smart and use common sense God Bless All People

    Like

    Comment by wteach64 | June 23, 2021 | Reply

  2. Ducey’s statement seems dicey to me:  does he not consider the person standing beside the “unvaccinated by choice” person and the concomitant risk of that person’s being exposed to the virus if that “unvaccinated by choice” person happens to be an active virus transmitter? — even as Ducey/Dicey states affirmatively “The vaccine works…”?

    Isn’t it important to note that (I just had the calculation done for me online) 117 people out of 25,500 people = 0.46 percent?–i.e., less than half of one percent? is that less than half of one body to be commended for his/her “principle,” and are the other 99.54 percent to be ridiculed and condemned for their “choice”?

    Like

    Comment by roberthstiver | June 23, 2021 | Reply

  3. It seems that you can’t work at a death camp without being injected. Hope they find a better job.

    Like

    Comment by Balthasar Gerards | June 24, 2021 | Reply


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.