Aletho News

ΑΛΗΘΩΣ

Israeli occupation authorities demolish well near Hebron

Ma’an – 02/05/2012

HEBRON – Israeli authorities demolished a water well in a village east of Hebron on Wednesday, locals said.

Officials accompanied by soldiers tore down the well belonging to Saeed Jaber in Baqaa village, residents said.

Palestinian Water Authority chief Shaddad Attili warned earlier this year that Israel was systemically destroying well and rainwater harvesting cisterns to forcibly displace Palestinian communities who depend on them for their basic water needs.

At least 25 Palestinian wells and 32 Palestinian cisterns were demolished in 2011, he said.

Last week local director of the UN’s humanitarian agency Ramesh Rajasingham said that more than 1,500 Palestinians have lost their homes as a result of demolitions and evictions since the beginning of 2011.

Palestinians can only build on one percent of the Israeli-controlled zone Area C in the West Bank, most of which is already built up, while settlements continue to expand in the same zone, the UN says.

May 2, 2012 - Posted by | Ethnic Cleansing, Racism, Zionism, Subjugation - Torture | , , , ,

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.