Aletho News

ΑΛΗΘΩΣ

Yemen’s Houthis ready to unilaterally halt attacks in Red Sea – official

RT | July 31, 2018

Yemen’s Houthi group said on Tuesday it is ready to unilaterally halt attacks in the Red Sea to support peace efforts.

Saudi Arabia earlier suspended oil exports through a strategic Red Sea channel following an attack on crude tankers last week.

Yemen, where a Saudi-led coalition has been battling the Houthi movement in a three-year-old war, borders the Bab al-Mandeb strait, which is one of the world’s most important trade routes for oil tankers.

“The unilateral halt in naval military operations will be for a limited time period and could be extended and include all fronts if this move is reciprocated by the leadership of the coalition,” said the head of the Houthi supreme revolutionary committee, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi.

It was not clear whether the group would halt its attacks immediately or how long the cessation would last, Reuters said.

July 31, 2018 - Posted by | Aletho News | ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.