Aletho News

ΑΛΗΘΩΣ

Israeli forces demolish main road near Nablus

Ma’an – 20/12/2011

NABLUS – Israeli forces on Tuesday bulldozed a main road serving several villages in southern Nablus, a Palestinian Authority official said.

Ghassan Daghlas, the PA official for monitoring settlement activity in the northern West Bank, told Ma’an that over 30 military vehicles entered the Nablus village of Beita before bulldozers demolished a road in-between the villages of Beita, Osarin and Aqraba.

The Mayor of Huwwara, Moeen Damidi, told the official news agency Wafa that the 4km road was demolished without any warning. It had cost $400,000 to build, he added.

Israeli forces took control of a hilltop east of Beita and erected tents for soldiers to make camp, Daghlas added. Soldiers also took control of a Ayman Ihsan Adeile’s home for military purposes.

Witnesses in the area said there had been noticeable military and settler activity on Tuesday morning.

The villages of Beita, Osarin and Aqraba are all technically in Area A, which is under full Palestinian security and administrative control.

The land between the villages is Area B, under Israeli security control, and reflects the wider physical composition of the West Bank where Palestinian population centers exist as isolated islets.

Area C, under full Israeli control, forms 60 percent of the West Bank.

December 20, 2011 - Posted by | Ethnic Cleansing, Racism, Zionism

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

%d bloggers like this: