Mysterious IPCC Expertise

The IPCC publishes the citizenship and gender of its authors – but says nothing about their scientific expertise

By Donna Laframboise | Big Picture News | October 17, 2018

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) claims to be a scientific organization. But it’s really a political one.

An obvious tell is how it describes its personnel. In the old days, IPCC reports listed people according to their role and their country. Matters have improved since then.

Today, the IPCC gives us six data points about its personnel rather than three. A webpage associated with its latest report tells us each individual’s:

1. name
  2. IPCC role (coordinating lead author, lead author, review editor)
  3. gender
  4. country of residence
  5. citizenship
  6. institutional affiliation

But this only looks like progress. In the real world, the additional info is irrelevant. Science doesn’t care where someone lives or what citizenship they hold. Science doesn’t care if they’re a man or a woman.

If the IPCC is a panel of experts, the critical issue is: What is each of these people an expert in? More than 30 years after its founding, the IPCC still thinks it doesn’t need to talk about this.

For the UN bureaucrats who run the show, some things are important. Some are not. The nature of an author’s scientific expertise clearly isn’t a burning issue. But lots of attention is being paid to checking diversity boxes.

October 17, 2018 - Posted by | Science and Pseudo-Science |

1. An obvious good point. Has Laframboise presented her concerns to IPCC?–any reaction from it?–movement toward full(er) disclosure of the bona fides of its members?

I was immediately turned off when I went to the sourcing site and found the execrable Zionist and Jew Krauthammer prominently featured. I left the site almost as immediately. If DL is promoting that ba*tard I want nothing to do with her. Of course, if she began to champion the rights of the Palestinians — to me, Still THE OVER-RIDING ISSUE of today and everyday, I’ll reconsider.

Comment by roberthstiver | October 18, 2018 | Reply

2. My final sentence was not artfully crafted…better as “Of course, if she began to champion full justice for and the irrevocable human rights of the Palestinians — to me, Still THE OVERRIDING ISSUE of today and every day — I’d reconsider.”

Comment by roberthstiver | October 18, 2018 | Reply

• I saw no Krauthammer related content there. Almost all the articles focus on climate science except for a few on censorship and one on immigration huckstering.

Comment by aletho | October 18, 2018 | Reply

• I returned to the site, and there continues to be a prominent display hawking the Kraut’s book; I clicked on it, was transported to amazon and found nothing (at a quick glance that was enough for me) but effusive encomiums for a guy who would appear to be nothing short of Judaism’s G*d walking the earth…he’s (was; and I for one don’t wish him R.I.P.) that good. The entry doesn’t seem to me to be an external “plug-in” — that is, it’s an integral part of the page, and — who am I to begrudge someone wishing to make a bit of extra money? — I noted this entry down the screen, left side (with, along the way, other entries promoting amazon.com):

“I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”

I also went back to the previous, 10-15, post, and K was there as well.

Comment by roberthstiver | October 19, 2018 | Reply

• And I get no ads at all, just green background both right and left.

Comment by aletho | October 19, 2018 | Reply

• How interesting!…or scary? Perhaps it’s because K’s column once appeared in my daily (Jewish-owned) newsrag bi-weekly. Whenever he bashed and trashed the Palestinian side of the “holy” land equation, I’d promptly write a scathing LTE. (I was not published, of course — although I did manage one very recently in another, Palestine-related, context.) My conspiratorial mind wonders if Big Brother recalls my antipathy for K and occasionally and slyly takes the opportunity to “stick it” to me…but why at this site?? I’ll keep my antenna waving for further occurrences at other venues.

And let us not neglect linkages, inter alia: Amazon; Bezos; WaPo and its Zionist/neocon-centric editorial staff and page; The Lobby, the whole fabric of the Zionisation of America….

Comment by roberthstiver | October 19, 2018 | Reply